e-Learning Information for Emergency Days
District 33 schools occasionally close during extreme summer and winter weather. Late-night snow or ice storms are the most likely reasons for school closing; however, power outages, high summer temperatures, or heating system failure may also be factors. When possible, the administration will make every attempt to determine and communicate school closings by 5:30 AM on the affected day.
In the event that there is a school closure, the D33 administration may decide to have students participate in e-Learning from home instead of canceling classes.
The following factors help determine whether or not to cancel classes and call an “emergency day” or hold classes remotely and call an “e-Learning day”:
- Time for teachers to prepare ahead of time for e-Learning
- Availability of devices and access to the internet and resources
- Type of emergency and duration of the closure
K-2: Login to Seesaw for links
3-8th: Login to Google Classroom for links
- Administrators will be available to families, students, and staff to provide support and answer questions throughout the e-Learning day.
- Administrators will provide printed materials to students as needed when internet services are unavailable.
- Teachers will take attendance through eSchool as usual to ensure a record of students’ virtual participation.
- Teachers will develop lessons that are equivalent to those of a regular school day.
- All lessons and activities will be aligned with the district curriculum and grade-level standards.
- Teachers will work remotely during their regular contractual hours.
- Students with 504 plans will be afforded all reasonable accommodations and modifications outlined in their 504.
- The support staff will work collaboratively with teachers and building administration to support where they are needed on the e-Learning day.
- SSA staff will perform their regular duties remotely to the best of their ability.
Special Education Services
- Students will be afforded all reasonable accommodations and modifications outlined in their IEP and/or support plan(s).
- LBS1s and Related Service Providers will be available during regular work hours to provide support to their students to the best of their ability.
- Related services will be replicated through e-Learning. If this does not occur, the services will be made up within a reasonable time frame.