Onsite Screening and Testing
FREE COVID-19 testing is now available for students who become symptomatic during the school day or are unable to attend school due to COVID-19 like symptoms. Screening/Testing is also available for our staff.
How does this work for students?
If a student presents with symptoms of COVID-19 at school:
- The student will be sent to the health office immediately.
- The parents/guardians will be contacted to pick up their child from school. At this time, they will be given the opportunity to provide verbal consent for free COVID-19 testing on site.
- If consent is given, the test will be administered in the school health office by swabbing the nose or throat.
- Parents will have the opportunity to provide signed consent for the results to be shared with the district COVID Liaison to aid in contact tracing in the event of a positive test result.
- Test results will be provided to the parent/guardian within 24 hours via email or text message.
If a student stays home due to COVID-19 like symptoms:
- Parents would report their child’s absence with the school health office.
- Parents may access FREE COVID-19 testing for their child and any other family members at the D33 Mobile COVID-19 Testing
How does this work for staff?
Weekly staff screening:
- Every Monday staff can self-administer the screen In their respective building or our mobile trailer parked in front of Pioneer Elementary school
- You will NOT NEED to quarantine as you wait for the results.
Testing for symptomatic staff:
- Testing is available M-F in each building or in our mobile trailer parked in front of Pioneer Elementary school
- Staff will need to quarantine as you wait for the results due to being symptomatic
Why should I be screened if I am fully vaccinated?
- The vaccine protects you but not those who are not fully vaccinated.
- Provides assurance to students, families and colleagues that we are using all of the safety mitigation measures available to us.
- Provides you with peace of mind and assurance to be able to share time with your loved ones without worrying that you might get them sick.
- Adds an extra layer of protection for those around you.
- It is FREE.
- Does not require you to quarantine unless you are symptomatic or return positive.
Mobile COVID Testing Site
Pioneer Elementary School
615 Kenwood Avenue
West Chicago, IL 60185
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday
7:00AM - 4:00PM Testing
7:00AM - 2:00PM
For more information please email [email protected]
Need to know:
- The FREE RT-PCR test will be used, which is the test required for the return to school, return to work, travel, etc.
- Results will be available in 24 hours and sent via email.
- This is a FREE service being offered by District 33 and is available for all staff, students and family members.