Distribution of E-Flyers
As a community service, District 33 cooperates with community groups and outside organizations that sponsor activities of an educational or enrichment nature for students by providing a system for distributing materials to stakeholders electronically. E-flyers are sent via email and posted online through the district's partner, Peachjar
All outside flyers must comply with District 33’s board policy 8:25 and be approved by the District before distribution. Flyers are distributed on Tuesdays. No distributions will take place during district-designated holidays or school breaks. Please allow 48 hours for the district office to approve or deny a flyer for distribution.
D33 Flyer Policy
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be in PDF format.
- Contain font sizes not less than size 12.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- We suggest flyers are submitted in both English and Spanish in the same document. Flyers can have multiple pages, and you will only be charged for one flyer. Please provide an accurate translation -- be advised that Google Translate is not accurate.
- Include the following disclaimer using exact wording not less than size 12 font, in both English and Spanish:
"The distribution of this material does not necessarily imply endorsement by the Board of Education of West Chicago Elementary School District 33."
"La distribucion de este material no necesariamente implica que esto este aprobado por la mesa Directiva de las escuelas Primarias del Distrito 33 de West Chicago."
Flyers will not be approved if they are:
- Lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
- Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.
Requesting Flyer Approval
Our district wants families to know about valuable programs and resources in the community. To facilitate delivery of this information, approved community organizations can send their flyers home to families digitally through Peachjar.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps outlined below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will not be distributed.
- Visit www.peachjar.com.
- Register as an Enrichment Provider/Community Organization (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office for approval. Please note there is a fee to distribute flyers through Peachjar, but the cost is typically less than printing and delivery. Please review the Peachjar Community Free Flyer Policy for more information about promoting a free event.
Free Flyer Policy
Peachjar's Community Free ("Free-for-Free") program was created to allow local community organizations to distribute their flyers to nearby schools at no cost when promoting a free event or activity that does not encourage participants to join a fee-based program or include the opportunity to purchase products or services. To ensure flyers are relevant to all parents and to decrease approval requests received by districts, Peachjar limits organizations using Community Free flyer distribution to one posting every 30 days for up to 25 schools.
Local community organizations can continue to promote various free programs by consolidating their flyers into a single, multi-page flyer. Also, organizations such as cities can have multiple Community Free accounts that are department-specific, and create Community Free accounts for their local branches (e.g. libraries).
Organizations interested in requesting a Community Free account must contact Peachjar directly by phone, "Contact Us" web request, or via online chat. Upon receipt of the request, Peachjar will ask the organization to provide the following information that is used to evaluate its qualification for a Community Free account:
- To which school district(s) do you wish to distribute your flyer?
- What is the exact number of schools to which you wish to distribute your flyer?
- Are all events you distribute flyers about free, or do some encourage payment of future fees, have paid services, or include vendor participation? (Some organizations may need both a standard paid account and a Community Free account to meet their needs.)
- What is the email address associated with your Peachjar account?
- Please provide a copy of your flyer for review.
Requests for exceptions to this policy will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Peachjar reserves the exclusive right to make all determinations regarding the acceptance of each Community Free flyer posting request, and the authorization of each organization requesting a Community Free account.
For additional information about the Community Free flyer program, please contact Peachjar at 877-402-1786 or email [email protected]
Peachjar for Parents
Information for Parents
Peachjar replaces paper flyers. Through Peachjar, each school can send e-flyers to its families, and outside organizations can send approved e-flyers to all families in the district. These e-flyers are also posted on each school’s website for at least one month. Look for the Peachjar link on your school’s website.
If you provided your email address to your school on your student’s contact information form this year or last year, a Peachjar account has been established for you, and beginning in April 2016, you will receive an email from Peachjar with your login information. This is provided so that you can manage your account and flyer delivery preferences. You do not need to log in to receive or view e-flyers. If you did not provide your email address and would like to receive Peachjar e-flyers, let your school office know to add your email address to the district contact form.
If you are not receiving emails from Peachjar, there are two possible reasons for this:
- Your email address is not on file with your school. Let your school office know to add your email address to the district contact form. You can also visit the FAQs below for other instructions on adding your email address to the Peachjar distribution list or resetting your password.
- The Peachjar emails are going into your spam folder or you can't see the images in the email. To prevent the e-flyers from going into your spam folder, add “[email protected]” to your email contacts. When you receive your first e-flyer, be sure to click “always display images.”
Peachjar is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose.