- Financial Gains: You are able to conduct your student teaching in the district while still earning your regular hourly pay!
- Mentorship: An administrative mentor will be provided for each staff member enrolled in the program!
- Support: You will receive support with interview preparation, creating a resume, and anything else you may need!
- Opportunity: You will have the opportunity to interview for open positions within the district!
- Become a support staff employee in D33
- Decide you want to pursue becoming a certified teacher
- Meet with HR to discuss your plan and explore all options
- Enroll in a university program
- Notify HR Coordinator of Enrollment
- Complete Google Form
- When it is time for you to complete your student teaching, you will interview with the building principal
- Complete your student teaching in D33
- Apply, interview, and become a D33 certified teacher!
- 2 years of employment with D33
- Must have a most recent evaluation score of ‘Effective’
- No disciplinary letters for the past 3 years on file
- Engage in an Informational meeting with HR prior to enrolling in the program
- Enroll in the content area approved by HR
A partnership university is a university with which we have a great relationship to provide you with the best opportunities.
- Grand Canyon University *GCU offers a discounted tuition rate if this university is selected
- North Central University
- Northern Illinois University
- Aurora University
- St. Francis University
*Staff who elect not to enroll in a partnership university are still eligible for the benefits of the program.
Amy Rasmussen is D33’s first BEST program graduate. She has a bachelor’s degree in physical education from Eastern Illinois University. Amy finished her master’s degree in special education from Grand Canyon University and began teaching in January at Indian Knoll Elementary school as an LBS1. She started as a paraprofessional with D33 in the year 2000.
After taking the time to raise her children, she came back to D33 as a paraprofessional in 2019. With encouragement and support from the district, colleagues, and her family, Amy went back to school to pursue her dream of being an LBS1. While working full time, she completed the master's program in half the time, all while maintaining a 4.0 GPA. Amy was asked to join Alpha Chi National College Honors Society and is very proud of her accomplishments. She has a love of learning and plans to continue her education and professional development. D33 is Amy’s home and she plans to learn and grow with her students and fellow educators for years to come.