The #D33Pride Awards are given to individuals/organizations who have made a significant impact on the students, staff, and families of the District 33 community. The #D33Pride Awards provide the opportunity to honor those who have "gone above and beyond" to support and enhance the work of promoting excellence in education.
Nomination Categories and Schedule
#D33Pride Awards will be presented at the end of each trimester. See the schedule of nominations below:
- Certified Staff: Teachers, counselors, nurses, psychologists, social workers, and other licensed school service personnel, superintendents, assistant superintendents, principals, assistant principals, deans, directors, coordinators, community school coordinators
- Classified staff: maintenance/custodial personnel, food-service staff, paraprofessionals, administrative assistants or other support staff, library aid, family liaison
- Organization: Groups or partnerships that work with our students and enhance the culture and climate
Nomination Deadline: November 11, 2022
Nomination Deadline: February 24, 2023
April Nomination Categories
Nomination Deadline: April 28, 2023
When nominating, please keep in mind that the #D33Pride Awards recognize individuals/organizations who have made a significant impact on the students, staff, and families of the District 33 community.
Nominations are judged based on the following criteria:
- Leadership: Problem-solving abilities; works well as a team player, fulfills the needs of the community with programs and initiatives; helps staff members achieve their potential
- Caring, Kindness, and Enthusiasm: Does random acts of kindness; creates enthusiasm and motivation towards goals; uses creative strategies to make learning enjoyable; goes out of their way to help others in need; respects and honors differences and similarities through words and actions
- Dedication and Devotion: Dependable beyond the norm; recognizes and appreciates being a partner in the educational success of each student; demonstrates a willingness to help others be successful; moves outside the job description.
- Any District 33 employee, student, parent, community member, or organization may submit a nomination. Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Online nomination forms are on the District 33 website.
- Deadlines for the 22/23 School Year:
- First Trimester: November 4, 2021
- Second /Trimester: February 24, 2022
- Third Trimester: April 21, 2022
- Recipients are selected by the #D33Pride Awards Committee.
This committee includes representatives from district administration, and the Elementary Teachers Association of West Chicago (ETAWC).