Distribution of E-Flyers
Flyers in Our Schools
As a community service, District 33 cooperates with community groups and outside organizations that sponsor activities of an educational or enrichment nature for students by providing a system for distributing materials to stakeholders electronically. E-flyers are sent via email and posted online through the district's partner, Peachjar
All outside flyers must comply with District 33’s board policy 8:25 and be approved by the District before distribution. Flyers are distributed on Tuesdays. No distributions will take place during district-designated holidays or school breaks. Please allow 48 hours for the district office to approve or deny a flyer for distribution.
District 33 Flyer Policy
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be in PDF format.
- Contain font sizes not less than size 12.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- We suggest flyers are submitted in both English and Spanish in the same document. Flyers can have multiple pages, and you will only be charged for one flyer. Please provide an accurate translation-- be advised that Google Translate is not accurate.
- Include the following disclaimer using exact wording not less than size 12 font, in both English and Spanish:
"The distribution of this material does not necessarily imply endorsement by the Board of Education of West Chicago Elementary School District 33."
"La distribucion de este material no necesariamente implica que esto este aprobado por la mesa Directiva de las escuelas Primarias del Distrito 33 de West Chicago."
Flyers will not be approved if they are:
- Lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
- Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.
See Board Policy 8:25
Requesting Flyer Approval
Our district wants families to know about valuable programs and resources in the community. To facilitate delivery of this information, approved community organizations can send their flyers home to families digitally through Peachjar.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps outlined below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will not be distributed.
- Visit www.peachjar.com.
- Register as an Enrichment Provider/Community Organization (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office for approval. Please note there is a fee to distribute flyers through Peachjar, but the cost is typically less than printing and delivery. Please review the Peachjar Community Free Flyer Policy for more information about promoting a free event.
Email: [email protected]
Gina Steinbrecher: [email protected]