district header logo
History of Gary School
 
Gary School was constructed in 1955 and was named for the Gary family, early Winfield Township settlers. Gary’s Mill, a pioneer settlement, took its name from the sawmill (erected by the three Gary brothers in 1837) which served as the center of the once prosperous community. The settlement grew to include a one-room school house built in 1851, Gary’s Mill School.
© 2015 West Chicago School District 33 | 312 East Forest Avenue, West Chicago, IL 60185 | Phone: 630.293.6000