Department of Technology Overview
Over the last 5 years the Technology Department has made huge strides in bringing technology to the classrooms and district. Mr. Dave Venchus, Director of Technology, has gradually built up his department to support the needs of students, staff and families in the district. Currently this department consists of 13 other people:
3 - Lead Teacher for Instruction
· Help staff incorporate technology in the classrooms.
· Assist teachers in creating lesson plans,
· Provide Professional Development and training
2 - Technology Systems Analyst
The Systems Analysts are the data miners. They are the
· Main support for eSchoolPLUS, the student information system
· Support for various data-driven programs (Home Access Center, Destiny, etc.)
2 - Technology Technician Level II
The Technology Tech Level II deal more with network issues and higher level troubleshooting. This includes:
· email setup
· Network issues
1 - Technology Technician Level I
The Technology Tech Level I deals with support for laptops, Chromebooks, iPads, SMARTBoards
4 - Computer Aide Advanced
The Computer Aide Advanced is your first line of defense for troubleshooting. Contact them first for any tech support issues.
1 - Secretary
New Technology in District
· Added 1200 Chromebooks (now have 2400+ for students)
· Added 360 iPads (now have 720 student iPads)
· Added 29 SMARTBoards (now have 186 throughout the district)
· Rolling out online report cards (part of HAC)
What’s Happening in Classrooms?
· 4th Graders around the district have been using Makey Makey's to discover how to make electricity. Students use Chromebooks, playdoh, and the Makey Makey kit to build a circuit in order to conduct electricity.
· 2nd graders around the district have been learning about urban, rural, and suburban communities. Google Earth is being used along with Google Drive to zoom in on community and correctly label them.