Please visit the DuPage County Regional Office of Education Website at ww.dupageroe.org or email Alyson Robbins, Substitute Teacher Coordinator at [email protected] to learn how to become a substitute teacher in DuPage County.
Applicants for substitute teaching in D33 will be required to have their fingerprint-based criminal background checks and sex offender checks completed through the DuPage Regional Office of Education.
To apply for substitute teaching opportunities in District 33 you MUST:
1. Hold a SUB License or a Short Term Subsitute License
2. Complete the
3. Contact the D33 Department of Human Resources at 630-293-6000 ext. 1218, to complete the application process.
Note that due to the teacher shortage, ISBE now grants a Short Term Substitute License if you have 60 semester hours of college coursework.
Short Term Substitute Teaching License:
1. Is valid for substitute teaching in all grades of the public schools, PreKindergarten through Grade 12.
2. Is valid until June 30, 2023 and may not be renewed.
3. Cannot teach more than 5 consecutive days per licensed teacher.
4. Must complete a training program provided by the school board or Regional Office of Education prior to teaching on the license.
5. Cannot serve as a Paraprofessional on the short-term sub license.
6. There is a $25.00 application fee with no registration fee.
The DuPage Regional office of Education has developed and provides the training program that is required to work under the Short-Term Substitute License.
for substitute teaching at the DuPage Regional Office of Education or in West
Chicago Elementary District 33 does not guarantee substitute teaching
additional information about substitute teaching in District 33, please
select Substitute Teachers Handbook.