Dear 8th Grade Families,
The 2018-2019 8th grade end of year information has been finalized.
8th Grade Dance:
Thursday, June 6th from 6:00-8:00pm.
Students may begin arriving at 5:30 p.m. through the Hazel Street Entrance. Students must arrive by 6:00 P.M. with their ticket and school ID cards. No entrance allowed after 6:00 p.m.
Students may wear what is most comfortable for them and clothes that conform with the dress code. Some girls wear dress pants along with a dress top, and others wear dresses. Some boys wear dress pants, shirts and ties, while others wear dress pants and a collared shirt.
Students will not be dismissed from the dance prior to 8:00 p.m. without a parent escort. When the dance is over, the front of the building is very crowded. We recommend that parents/students arrange pick up in the west parking lot. Students must be picked up and exit school grounds no later than 8:15 p.m.
The Final Attendance Day for 8th Grade:
Friday, June 7th. This is a full day of school.
The ceremony will be held at Leman Middle School in the Cafetorium.
8 Red: Monday, June 10, 2019 6:00pm
8 White, Orange, Green and Yellow: Monday, June 10, 2019 8:00pm
8 Blue: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 6:00pm
Students must report to the Middle School Library on their assigned graduation date:
8Red: 6/10/19 @ 5:30
8White/Orange/Green/Yellow: 6/10/19 @ 7:30pm
8 Blue: 6/11/19 @ 5:30pm
Graduates enter through Door #1 (Joliet Street)
Parents enter through Door #8 (Hazel Street)
- Each student graduating will be allowed 4 tickets
- The graduate does not need a ticket
- Due to the fire code restrictions, all individuals, including infants and children, will need a ticket to enter
- Due to the capacity of the location, no additional tickets will be provided. Please do not contact the school for more tickets
- Families will not be permitted to bring balloons or noisemakers to the ceremony
- As students leave the stage, a photographer from Life Touch will be taking their pictures. Proofs can be viewed online 48 hours after the event at Lifetouchevents.com. The password or code is WCMS19.
- When students walk across the stage, they will receive a certificate. The official diplomas will be given to students after graduation. Students will return to Thayer Gym to receive diplomas before leaving on graduation night.
Please make sure that you have paid for your gown. Gown pick-up will take place in the main office off of Joliet Street on the dates below:
Tuesday, June 4th 8:00-3:00
Wednesday, June 5th 8:00-3:00
Thursday, June 6th 8:00-7:00
Graduation Gown: The fee for graduation is $21.00. Only PARENTS or GUARDIANS may pick up the gown. Beginning 6/4/19 the graduation gown will be available for pick up at the Middle School. All other school fees/fines MUST be paid at that time.
Graduation Clothing: Graduates are to wear appropriate clothing under their graduation gowns. Please NO shorts or jeans, NO gym shoes or flip flops/sandals.